About Us 5/7 RAR Association
The National Association was formed in 2003; it currently has over 400 members and growing steadily.
There is a progressive committee that is looking continuously to enhance the experience and rewards of being a member of the association.
Objectives of the Associations:
- Perpetuate the close bonds of comradeship and esprit de corps created by past members of the Fifth/Seventh Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment;
- Guard the good name and preserve the interests of the Battalion;
- Preserve the memory of those who died on service with the Battalion;
- Provide referrals to relevant welfare agencies to Association members who request or require it;
- Support any successor battalion(s) to the Battalion, in whatever way is practical and appropriate for the Association;
- Watch over the interests of members and dependants of deceased members and to help those of them requiring assistance;
- Become a Registered Charitable Organization should it become desirable to do so consistent with and in furtherance of the objects of the Association;
Membership is open to anyone who has served with 5/7 RAR regardless of their Corps.