About Us 5/7 RAR Association
The National Association was formed in 2003; it currently has over 400 members and growing steadily.
There is a progressive committee that is looking continuously to enhance the experience and rewards of being a member of the association.
|Vice President||Ross Langford|
|QLD Representative||John Smith|
|NSW Representative||Richard Douglas|
|VIC Representative||Ron Linden|
|TAS Representative||Ric Rees|
|SA Representative||Chris Shannon|
|NT Representative||Kane Pene|
|WA Representative||Stephan Webb|
Objectives of the Associations:
- Perpetuate the close bonds of comradeship and esprit de corps created by past members of the Fifth/Seventh Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment;
- Guard the good name and preserve the interests of the Battalion;
- Preserve the memory of those who died on service with the Battalion;
- Provide referrals to relevant welfare agencies to Association members who request or require it;
- Support any successor battalion(s) to the Battalion, in whatever way is practical and appropriate for the Association;
- Watch over the interests of members and dependants of deceased members and to help those of them requiring assistance;
- Become a Registered Charitable Organization should it become desirable to do so consistent with and in furtherance of the objects of the Association;
Membership is open to anyone who has served with 5/7 RAR regardless of their Corps.